UL Classified to NFPA 1983 - General Use
Download the MPD User's Manual
Download the MPD User's Manual in Spanish
View the MPD User's Manual Flipbook
Pulley - Auxiliary - Descent Control
Go from Lowering to Raising without Changing Hardware
- A variable-friction descent control device for rescue systems and rappels
- Incorporates high efficiency pulley with an integral rope-locking mechanism (ratchet) for a haul system
- The built-in becket allows cleaner rigging and more efficient pulley systems
- The MPD allows main line and belay line rigging to be mirror images of one another
- One device functions as both a lowering brake and as a ratcheting pulley for raising
- It's ideal for confined space operations because it converts rapidly to a retrieval line
- Meets BCCTR Rescue Belay Competency Criteria**
More than nine years of research and development went into our patented Multi-Purpose Device (MPD), which features major innovations in advanced technical hardware for rope rescue professionals. The MPD’s high-efficiency pulley, with an integral rope-grab mechanism, means it can be used as a lowering device on the main line and belay line systems and be quickly changed over to a raising system without switching out or replacing hardware. The combination of essential features into a single device simplifies on-scene rigging, expediting the rescue. The revolutionary MPD increases user safety with:
- Reduced Weight
- Fewer Components
- Faster Rigging
- Quick Changeovers
- Simplified Training
- Lower Risk
*13mm version designed for use with 12.5mm-13mm rope. Rope used for certification rounded up to 13mm per NFPA 1983. 11 mm model is designed for and tested with 11 mm rope.
The MPD comes with a padded Cordura nylon storage bag and User's Manual.
** The British Columbia Council of Technical Rescue (BCCTR) Belay Competency Drop Test specifies a 1-meter drop onto 3 meters of kernmantle rescue rope with less than 1 meter of additional travel and less than 15 kN peak force. For a general Use rated device, a 280-kg load and a 12.7-mm rope are generally used. For a Light Use device, a 200-kg load and an 11.1-mm rope are used.
Watch the MPD User's Guide Video: